Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fly Guy Spotlight: Eric Roberson



Well, let me tell you that I am true lover of soul music. I can't get enough of it. I can look back through my life and literally make a sound track for every moment. Right now, I cannot stop listening to "Dealing" by Eric Roberson and Lalah Hathaway. This song truly personifies what I am dealing with in this very moment. I will post the lyrics below as well as the video.


Here's a little background about Eric Roberson. He is currently nominated for a Grammy, tonight actually. He's from Rahway, NJ and is sometimes referred to simply as Erro. Attended Howard University, performed in a number of musicals and plays, landed a songwriting deal through the EMI label, and collaborated with Jill Scott, Vivian Green, Dwele, Will Downing, Musiq Soulchild, and DJ Jazzy Jefff.


I think what I truly love about Eric's music is the rawness. He captures true emotion in the way he writes and its reflected in his instrumentation. I am immediately transported to the place and time of the song. I love it. Its like a musical journey. Now, while his songs are spiritually arousing, he has some very sensual numbers as well. Especially in the song "Head to Toe". Man, this boy is trying to get all of us knocked up through iTunes. lol.


His albums are: The Esoteric Movement, The Vault, Vol 1, The Vault, Vol 1.5, The Appetizer, Left, and the most current, Music Fan First. <------- A must have! lol
Not really much else to say about Mr. Roberson except to go out and support him. He's a genuine artist and has impeccable writing skills. Oh, and he will be performing here in Atlanta on Feb. 13-14, for Joyce Littel's Valentine's event. It's going to be great! Lets see if I can come up with a lil' date for this one. lol
Enjoy :O)



"Dealing" with Lalah Hathaway


Where do we go from here
What do I do with these feelings
Longing to have you near
Knowing...we shouldnt be dealing
Verse:
Why must the bad thing always feel so good
Why cant I just stay away
Though are situation was understood
Still does not mean its ok
{Chrous}
Where do we go from here
What do I do with these feelings
Longing to have you near
Knowing...we shouldnt be dealing
Verse:
Why cant these memories just be erased
Why must I yern for your kiss
The first moment we're not face to face
Reminds me how much your missed
{Chrous}
(where do we go)Where do we go from here
What do I do with these feelings
Longing to have you near
Knowing...we shouldnt be dealing
Brige;
When the morning comes
(When its time for us to go our separate ways )
When this night is done
(I'll be wanting to hold on to u)
Though the sun
wish we could push it all away
cause then I know
that we can show
what we have from the day
{Chrous}
Where do we go from here
What do I do with these feelings
Longing to have you near
Knowing...we shouldnt be dealing


"Head to Toe"


1 comment:

c_ronna26 said...

You ALREADY know. E. Roberson is sometimes the voice I never had and the emotions I long to feel. #shoutout #bigup