Thursday, January 21, 2010

Once, Twice, Three Times our Savior....




Often times we are faced with some of the most trying times in our lives where it seems as though things are hopeless. We pray. We cry. We plead with God. Then guess what? Breakthrough happens. We then proceed with our regularly scheduled programs. But then guess what, the cycle starts again and find ourselves back in that very same place.


I can truly attest to this. I've been living life carefree, praying as usual, reading my bible occasionally, then I am faced with a issue that only He can deal with. I immediately amp up my praise, my prayer, and my word time. Then that breakthrough comes, and I am back living that life. As the cycle makes it way back around, I find myself back standing in the need of prayer. But because I have gotten accustomed to the enemy's ploys and knowing God's strength, I have been able to sustain just about every battle.



I am discussing this battle because as believers, we cannot forget the times where we have been humbled and ended up in a place where all we had was Him. God wants us in a raw state of praise, worship, and word reading, so that when the trials come, we can immediately sustain them. Its just like the soldiers in the midst of war. They are not given guns and flown to the battlefield when they sign up. Instead, they are trained thoroughly, on how to use their weapons extensively, and have studied the ploys of the enemy. The training for battle begins long before you make it to the battle.


God wants us so saturated in the word and in His presence that we can bounce back from attack and get back to working and walking in purpose. We need not dwell in the places of our pain and misunderstanding, but instead go back to the places of victory . If God did it for you before, surely He can and will do it again.

Remember the same God that brought you from that valley experience before, will be the same one to rise you up again. Trust Him to do it.




Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.


2 Corinthians 4:18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 5:7 for we walk by faith, not by sight--



Just work your faith.....


~Mel




1 comment:

S Jones Aka Shirley said...

although i barely comment i have to say i love ur blog...its real....many times ur blogs inspire me to look within and they are really uplifting now that im at my low of lows...keep doing wat u do!