Friday, January 22, 2010

You can count on me.....


Now, I write this entry today with a full heart. When I started this blog, I simply had no expectations for success, failure, a following, or friends, I was just seeking an outlet and some healing in a sense. When I tell you God had an entirely different plan, as He usually does. I wanted to talk about friends and those God has placed in your life.


"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there
is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24



Anyone who knows me (I know I always say that..so..lol), knows that I am definitely not the "friend" person. When I say that, I mean that I am not always talking about my 50 best friends or always feel the need to have a lot of people around. But lately, I have found myself with a lot of new people in my life that I simply love, cherish, adore, appreciate, all of that. Through all these social networks and the net as a whole, God has began to connect me with people that need me and that I need.


Like, this blog for example. I have had the opportunity to share my life's stories, struggles, and triumphs and garnered some pseudo relationships with "followers". Never in my life would I image speaking into the lives of others, being a blessing, and God using me to cause healing. But that's the thing with God. He uses us as vessels even when we feel like we are purely running on empty. At our worst, God can pull the best out of us. The very thing that we think we are struggling with alone, God can use to get the glory. Never be afraid to be transparent or to share your story. Someone's deliverance is resting in the palm of your hands.


I am not your average party girl at all, but it seems that all the entertainment folk in Atlanta have been drawn to me for some reason. So hey, I go with the flow. My life in October went from tweeting (follow me @herflyness) spiritual quotes and talking about how the youth needs us, to starting a foundation, speaking for celebrity retreats, walking red carpets, and hanging with the "it" folk. All because I chose to be who God wanted me to be and never compromising me. I have found myself speaking into the lives of people who one would think had all the answers.


“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out,
but to see who cares enough to break them down.”


God began to show me that if I don't carry the word on my lips and in my actions, then some may never know him. I think about this past week with one of my client's EP release. I mean, it was literally 2 events everyday for 8 days straight. I only went to events that were deemed of importance to me and my purpose for working with him. The nights I didn't not attend a person got robbed in the parking lot and one of the car loads got in an accident. You see, God will cover you on all fronts of your life. Just because you're not in church, doesn't mean your not ministering or walking with Him. I talked to my client later in the week he said, "You know what Mel, you're good people. It's something different about you." I broke out in a cheesy, "It's the God in Me" rendition. But I meant it. God is just so awesome. He really is.


I used to be mad about being the better friend to people, but I'm over that. When it all boils down to it, I can never be better to people than God has been to me. That's the truth. When my flesh man rears its head, of course I get a little irritated, but I get over it because I know that someone will be blessed and never forget me.


I think about the circle of friends that I've managed to maintain over the years and it brings tears to my eyes (as usual) and warms my heart. To have people that love you like in the scriptures is awesome! To have people who have your back no matter what. To love you unconditionally. To share some of your secrets you want to bury, but have to tell "somebody". Somebody you can believe God with and plan for the future. I mean, you can't buy that in stores.


"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes
in your future, and accepts you just the way you are."


Even to my seasonal friends. My new friends. My friends in passing. I praise Him for them all. I think about the people who I have pushed into their destiny, inspired, protected, believed God for, and into their purpose. Man, it's incredible to look back at how God has used me. I am so humbled and honored. If God can allow me to do that for others, imagine what He is working out for me RIGHT now ?

“Truly great friends are hard to find,
difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”


Well, before I get my computer soaking wet, I just want to shout out to all my friends: new, old, best, close, cordial, my followers a.k.a. Blog Buddies, mutual etc. It's wonderful being blessed. But it's nothing quite like being a blessing.....


Blessed with the best.....friends...


~Mel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this post, really nice. Have a blessed weekend:)