Tuesday, January 5, 2010

God Will Restore You Through Your Tears

The first reaction to sad, bad or disappointing news is to do what? To cry, right? Well, for me it is. I can look back at many moments in my life where I've felt helpless, in despair, lost, and forsaken. I can remember being in places that I've never thought back until this very moment. All I could do was cry.

There are several reasons for tears. They're for cleansing, purging, and strengthening. Scientifically, tears have a very necessary function. Did you know that each type of tear has its own purpose and therefore a different chemical makeup? Did you know that there is a continuous supply of tears?

The main purpose of tears is to smoothen the surface of the eye.These tears act as oxygen suppliers to the eye, carry away waste, destroy harmful bacteria, and in general maintain a healthy eye. These tears contain salts, proteins and an enzyme called lysozyme, which protect and nourish the eye.However the tears, which are produced as an expression of emotion, are totally different. (God is something else isn't He?) Scientists have discovered that emotional tears contain high levels of manganese and a chemical called prolactin. In fact it is believed that crying is a way of removing “excess” chemicals, which are not very good for the body. This might help explain why people say they feel better after "a good cry."


Did you hear that? Tears carry away waste? Now any scientist would overlook that, the "carrying away part". But what God has revealed to me is that, crying is not just a scientific necessity, it is a spiritual necessity. We have to spiritually get rid of all the pain that we are experiencing. The things that are hindering us to get to our next level. The things that we have allowed to fester and grow into something bigger than what it is. When we cry, God catches every tear and He knows exactly what we are saying. Our wordless communication to the Lord is a way to tell Him everything without saying a thing. Our tears is an unspoken language that our heart speaks.


Use your tears to flow you to your next victory. Use your tears to strengthen you. To empower you. To cleanse you. To heal you of the unspoken pain. Use your tears to tell your heavenly Father all that is within.


Like I said yesterday, I received an email that made my world come to a pause. As my emotions welled up within me, one tear fell. I mean, real dramatic like a soap opera. I was like, "God, let me cry! I wanna kick, scream, and fall out." But God told me that was my last tear for that situation. That ONE tear renewed my faith, renewed my strength, and gave me hope. It was almost eerie. It was like God caught that one tear and began to wash away my pain and hurt caused by my despair. I hopped up and said, "Ok, what's for dinner." In the midst of eating my veggies, my phone began to ring off the hook. I got a call from one of my girlfriends about starting ANOTHER project. I sat the phone down and went back to eating. Then my phone rang AGAIN and its was the producer from BET telling me that the episode of Monica's Still Standing that we recorded in October would be airing on January 12, 2010 and I had the most face time.


Now, if I had of wallowed in pity, self-doubt, and despair, I would have missed those calls, those moments to rejoice, and the path to my next journey. It was all connected to letting that tear fall.

Tears are necessary avenues to flow you to your next victory.

I want to encourage you today to rebuild, refocus, and re-energize. All that has happened to you is a part of your story. It is not meant to destroy, but to make you better. Know that God hears your cries and catches every tear. No matter the pain, the wrongdoing, the disappointment, or the reason. You can rise up and be great again. Don't ever forget that.



"Those who sow in tears Shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him." (Psalms 126:5-6 NKJV)

Be comforted and know that , for all the tears you have allowed to fall, HE has caught them all.


In spirit and in truth,


~Mel





Study on tears in scripture by Charles H. Spurgeon:

Let us learn to think of tears as liquid prayers; and of weeping as a constant dropping of importunate intercession which will wear its way right surely into the very heart of mercy, despite the stony difficulties which obstruct the way." Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892)


"The tears of John, which were his liquid prayers, were so far as he was concerned, the sacred keys by which the sealed book was opened (Rev. 5:4)." Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892)

"Tears and brokenness in the victorious war (Psa. 126:5,6)

Tears of sorrow, joy, compassion, exertion and repentance are present in spiritual warfare." Dick Eastman


In Scripture, tears fulfill a unique purpose in spiritual growth. We discover here that when tears are sown, not only is a spiritual harvest collected, but it leaves a spirit of rejoicing in the sower. This passage, along with others in Scripture that relate to a suffering spirit, describes various purposes and roles connected to what can be called "the ministry of tears", a ministry that Charles Spurgeon defined as "liquid prayer". There are tears of pain or suffering (II Kings 20:5); tears of joy (Gen. 33:4); tears of compassion (John 11:35); tears of desperation (Esther 4:1,3); tears of agony or labor (Isaiah 42:14); tears of repentance (Joel 2:12,13). Clearly, passion is necessary in spiritual warfare." Dick Eastman



Sources:


2 comments:

Mama's Girl Alexis said...

I was searching many other blogs and I came across yours and this piece about tears is Great! I love this. Thank you because it is true to heart!

Her Flyness said...

Thank you for stopping by... be blessed :O)