Sunday, December 28, 2008

Perfection vs Completion

Okay, so 2009 is going to be interesting. Approaching the other side of my 20's, I feel like it's time to make some serious moves in the "love" department. I have a few prospects, I think, but it's just not happening how it does in the movies. No loud bang, no soft playing music, no cupid arrows being shot. None of that.



It seems as though I always meet someone, but find the most minuscule thing that I simply can't be bothered with. Is it that I'm just too picky, or that I am simply not allowing myself to settle? Do I not deserve all that I desire,especially when I have lived my life sacrificing what feels good to do what's right? Of course I do. Some of the finest wine takes time to get better. It's more valuble. More cherished. Maybe God is working on a sho' nuff good man for me, like a fine bottle of wine...lol.. He haaaaaaaaaaaas to be!! I have to believe that something great is in store. That's all that I can hold on to.



I was talking to some of my guy friends about why so many great women find themselves successful everywhere but in love. And I simply didn't have some magical answer because its based on a case by case basis. We can't live a life based on generalizations when God deals with us one on one. Yeah, people say there are no more good men/women, but truth to the matter is, you only need 1 right? Right.



If you are constantly working on who you are and are destined to be, he/she will come. Now, I'm not saying give up on love or finding who he/she is. But don't let those thoughts consume you. You are wasting valuable time that you can be making significant contributions into the atmosphere. Perfect a hobby that you have neglected. Catch up on movies or TV shows you've missed. Go out of your way to help other people. Anything that will keep you from having a pity party. Believe me, I'm the world's greatest host for those. I swear! But I had to make a conscious decision to get over myself and keep believing that God has some great rewards in store.



Don't worry, be happy! I know that's easier said than done, but it will get easier when you believe it will. Stop following others' timelines and follow your own. Everything happens in God's perfect timing...



~Completely Fly





No comments: