Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All of this for a few hours.....

Well, it's that time again. Time flies when you're living. I guess. So, I have been slaving alllllllllllllllllllllll day making chocolate chip cookies, red velvet & pound cakes, 2 types of mac n cheese, seasoned the turkey, and prepared the ham. And to think, it will all be over in a few hours. Crazy huh?

Maybe not. When I look back over the years at all of my Christmases, the preparation is where all the learning has taken place. So many life lessons take place in the kitchen. Patience, endurance, adventure, learning the value of paying attention, passing of family traditions, and the list goes on. It seems every time I am in the kitchen, I learn something new. It's one thing to watch the Food Network all day, but to actually be doing it myself, is an entire different story.

As I prepare for yet another holiday gathering, I am eternally grateful for the experience. The family laughter and tears, the suspense of gifts that I didn't expect, the crazy family member that does something random, watching people enjoy my carefully prepared dishes, and most importantly, seeing another Christmas take off with a bang!

So this holiday, be grateful for the little things. Whether it be swollen feet from hours of preparation, or simply a pound cake that comes out of the baking dish without sticking! lol. Enjoy this day, enjoy your family, and enjoy being you.


Merry Christmas (Eve)... :-)

~ Be Fly

No comments: