Monday, January 12, 2009

Speaking of Not Easily Broken




Sooooooo, I'm doing this fast thing (biblically, you're not supposed to tell everyone that you're fasting, but I'm only doing it on here because I dont know who it may minister to). And whhhhhhhhhhhhy does every commercial come on with meat filled entrees and savory dishes? Goodness! I'm right on the edge of grabbing me a wing! lol. But when I thought of the goodness and mercy that God has bestowed upon me, it's just not worth it.


People have been asking me, "How are you doing this" and "Why"?. My simple reply is obedience is better than sacrifice. (I Sam 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.) Now, this statement has been interpreted in so many different ways. To me it is saying, when God tell you something, you need to do it. You need to be obedient. What good is it to sacrifice your 1st check for first fruits, if you're still sleeping with someone's husband? You disobedience completely cancels out your sacrifice. Now, I am not saying to sleep with anyone and not to tithe, what I am saying is clear. You must be obedient in order to receive the fullness of God's glory. It is critical to your survival.


I was reading some sermons online and reading more about what this scripture really means and it makes sense. We as saints are doing God such a great deeds by giving him money, time, or ourselves. But guess what, it ALL belongs to him anyway. We are merely returning what already belongs to God. What really, really gets God's attention is when we submit to his will and are obedient. That is worth mountains more to him. Your sacrifices are important, because it shows that you give reverence to God. Obedience is when you truly follow his word, which is what he wants us to do ultimately.


According to Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, the definition of obey is as follows:
1. To give ear to; to execute the commands of; to yield submission to; to
comply with the orders of; 2. To submit to the authority of; to be ruled by; 3.
To yield to the impulse, power, or operation of; as, a ship obeys her helm
When reading the definition of "obey", the word that jumps out to me is submit. Now this is not an easy thing to do. Submitting is like when God commands you to stop dating a guy that you feel is the total package. In your mind hes "the one", but God has deemed another young man as the one. Or when God has commanded you to change your lifestyle or to fast, you simply ignore his command. You have to know that everything God tells you to do is for a purpose. Know that God always has your best interest in mind (Jeremiah 29:11, do some research playa!..lol). But really, you have to know that no matter what, submission is key to being a believer. Its key to getting results.


Now, since all these food commercials are getting to me, I HAVE to get in the bed. I am not going to give the enemy any room. lol.. I refused to be easily broken!


~Flyly Obedient


No comments: