Friday, January 2, 2009

I Heart Fly Nerds....



Well, anyone who knows me knows that I have quite an affinity for a fly nerd. This post is dedicated to loving a nerd! Ok, I know I am not the only one that had a secret crush on Steve Urkel. Well, more so when he became Stephan Urkell. lol. There is something about a nerd that does something to me. Somebody that is filled with intellect, rare gifts and great promise. Maaaaaaaaaan! I love it. Those black glasses, that vast vocabulary, that weird humor. I think it's too cute.


Can you believe Jaleel White, Urkel's real name, is 32 now! That's when I realized that we are REALLY getting old. I just had to dedicate a post to the former love of my life. I liked him so much as a teenager that I love a "fly nerd". I swear they are a hidden treasure.


Nowadays, "fly nerds" have tattoos, sing in bands, own online companies, and have their own separate swag. They are RICH! lol. And I love it. I guess that's why I have such a huge crush on PJ Morton. Besides his incredible gift to usher in the holy spirit at church, the boy is obviously in his own world. Now if I could only get a flight there.... lol.. No, but really, we have to keep an eye out for some of these nerds ladies, they turn out to be incredible human beings!




Let's learn a little about PJ Morton for a moment.......

Artist: PJ Morton
Sound: Neo Soul
Born: New Orleans, Louisiana
Years in the industry: Since 1996
Influences: Ranges from Stevie Wonder to James Taylor
Discography: Emotions
Other claims to fame: Besides being Bishop Paul Morton's son, he has worked with a range of artist including India. Arie, Heather Headley, Fred Hammond and Jermaine Dupri
Why we like him: PJ Morton creates songs that make you feel good about singing them. Most of the songs on his album are not gender specific which allows everyone to enjoy them and his live performance is electric!
Check out PJ Morton at http://www.pjmortononline.com/

No comments: