Thursday, August 19, 2010

Don't Stop Dreaming.....


Well, I guess you all want to know what have I been up to huh? Well, if I had all day I would be able to tell you. lol. Buuuuuuuuuuuut, since I don't I will bring you up to speed for the most part. Since leaving my other "job" I have constantly been asking God, "What is it that you saw me doing"? Each time, God tells me its already before me. Everything I need in life, I already possess. So I keep pressing forward each day finding inspiration in the smallest things and find my way closer to what I think God wants me to be doing. In the midst of my journey I have been writing and just doing me. Somewhere along the way the right person was reading and it lead me on a journey that has simply made my heart overflow.


When my father first became ill, I felt like the world around me was crumbling, I simply didn't know how we were going to sustain a loss of someone so substantial. It was the most frightening journey that I have ever taken. Being the oldest of 3 girls, I was my dad's best friend. He was my confidant. He and I used to talk about everything. When he died, I didn't know how to put my words together like I used to. I am not an extremely verbal person when it comes to my most inner thoughts and feelings, so I took to writing. Whether it was an inspirational tweet, a riveting quote on facebook, or a thought provoking blog post, I found a way to get it all out. All while I was writing I was not only being healed, but I was ministering to a man 600 miles away. He too was on a quest to get closer to who God wanted him to be and my words soothed his journeying soul. Somehow along the way, our souls began to speak to one another. Our worlds collided one day in Atlanta and have been inseparable ever since. I, like Ruth, was found in the midst of doing what God asked, and have been blessed as a result.


I didn't write this post to be all lovey-dovey, although that's where I am right now.. lol. I am writing this to encourage you to keep dreaming. Never let go of your conception of happiness or what you think you deserve. You see, I have always had this "idea" of what I wanted in a man or what I thought he should look like and people always told me to snap out of it and be realistic in my approach. I never argued with them. I always went to God in prayer about the man I was to end up with. I prayed for a man that loved God, treated his mother right, respected & emulated his father, loved his siblings, had a solid career, an entrepreneurial mind set, a heart for the community, a great dresser, a smile that melts my soul, eyes that told me it would be ok, and a level of passion that matched mine. Not that unrealistic right? Right.. lol.. I continued to hope for this man that seemed like a figment of my imagination knowing someday I would encounter such a being. I knew that if I prayed enough and stayed on the right path, I would run eventually run into him.


I am here to tell you that my dreams are my right now. I crossed paths with my "him" and I have been so blessed. I have never met a man kinder, more hopeful for the future, more resilient, more open, more internally sound. This man has renewed my hope on so many levels that words cannot fully encompass that which I am experiencing. I am not one to reveal all that I truly feel but I would be remiss if I did not write an ode to the man who has helped me dream again. I have always been whimsical in my thoughts and aspirations for the future, but never would I have imagined he would find me miles and miles away. Believe me, we are not perfect, nor are our circumstances, but he has renewed my belief in finding a genuine soul. The more I get to know him, the more I am sure. Meeting his family, learning his history, understanding his past, makes me all that more aware that God is able to do just what he promised to do.


I think more than anything, I know that when I dream, I must be specific. I have to know what to look for when it finds me. The funny thing about God is that while He answers our prayers, He will still make sure our "answer" is saturated in purpose and with pure intentions. No matter what we think may be right for us, God always tailor makes our breakthrough. I am confident in knowing that is what He has given me in him.


It's almost indescribable. Its like believing in a rainbow and you finally see one up close and in person. You are merely speechless. Not only is the rainbow remarkable, but the fact that your belief has not been in vain. It's funny how the enemy makes you think you're crazy for holding on to what God promised. Like you are a fool for believing that you will someday get what you deserve. I am here to tell you that you need not stop believing. Hold on to what you want and to what God said he would do.


I don't know what road he and I will take in the future or what is in store, but I know what my heart feels....full. To know that God has me in the palm of His hands in the midst of my life's storm is the greatest feeling in the world. During one of the worst times in my life, God was able to send me a tailor made man for my circumstances and my journey. Don't get me wrong, I am not making this man to be a super hero, because those certainly aren't my intentions. I know he's not perfect and that things won't always be rosey. I just know that God has blessed me immensely by sending this man in my life. I will do everything in my power to be a blessing to him as he has been to me. Words cannot express the way he has transformed my belief. For that, I am forever grateful.


I leave you with this, "If you stop believing, who will you be disconnecting from? Whose life will you be altering? What part of the universe will lack because you have chosen to give up? What soul will be empty without you?" You can be the missing link to some one's greatness. All it takes is a moment to change some one's life. Some of us will be so fortunate to find someone to make us whole for a lifetime. God can do it, just keep believing.


Loving every minute of this dream because it's now my reality,


~Mel

2 comments:

it'sok2bu*nique* said...

thanks!!!!!

i am going to keeping dreaming and staying prayful!

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this today, I can't wait to share it with someone I know that needs to read this. I am going to contine praying and dreaming.