Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Give 'em Something To Talk About

You never know who is rooting for you. Have you ever heard the saying, 'If God be for you, who could be against you?'. Well, I live by that lovely quote. I think about all the people who have essentially spoken against my future. But recently, I've gotten the most random messages from friends all over. 'Girl we're rooting for you', 'You make me want to believe', 'I don't say much, but I'm so happy for you". I realized that we all have silent cheerleaders.


Throughout life, the enemy wants you to think you're all alone and that no one wants to see you do well. That is hardly the case. God always sends someone as a confirmation that there are other people in the world just like you. They too are looking for a new career change. They too are searching for a love that is filled with genuine kindness and reciprocity. They too seek an intimate relationship with God that is unconditional and pure. You see, no matter what you're going through, somebody somewhere is dealing with the same issue.

Through my blog and twitter, I aim to be transparent enough to minister to someone and perhaps change perspectives. I have had to put my pride aside to allow God to minister through me. As a result, God has sent people to confirm that my efforts have not been in vain. One of my associates who I don't talk to that often said, "Girl who is this man I read about. Does he have any friends? I am so happy for you. That's what I'm looking for'. I was like, 'Huh? When did I tell you this?'. She was said, 'Girl, we all read your blog. We may not comment, but we read every one'. It's funny, that day I was wondering if people actually read this blog and how it effected them. God kept telling me to keep writing, someone was being healed.

That really hit me. Imagine all the people that may be sitting court side watching you wait for your breakthrough. Taking notes,somehow trying to determine your secret. Wanting to understand your mindset. Trying to determine how they are going to do the same. Its amazing how God can use your situation to instill hope and deliver others. When you are going through just remember that you're not fighting for just your breakthrough, but that of many others. God is going to make you a pioneer of the sorts and you will be a witness to how God's grace is sufficient.

As I go through life's journey and experience all that it has to offer, I'm not going to be hesitant in sharing my story or my glory because someone is ultimately going to be healed as a result. I pray that I get closer to my breakthrough, I am able to help someone get closer to theirs. No matter what I go through, I know God will get the glory, so I'm confident in my story.


Continuing to give them something to talk about,



~Mel