Friday, August 20, 2010

If He Did It, He Will Do It !




In these day and times, it's so easy to look at where you are and feel like you will never get to where you want to be. It's easy to become overwhelmed and feel like life has raged a war against you. Trust me, been there, done that, designed and sold the t-shirts for it. lol. In the midst of my angst and frustration, I am always reminded of when God delivered me. If He pulled through for me so many other times, this time will be no different.


In our weekly bible study, each of must bring a list of 3 things God did for us the week before, no matter how big or small. Before we can ask for God to perform another miracle on our behalves, we must remember what He's done in the past. The power of putting things in writing is simply incredible. Each week I have more than 3 things that God has done for me. Whether it is as small as finding a parking space, getting the last seat on a flight, meeting a man that makes my soul smile, or $1000 being in my account. God is in the business of taking care of those He loves. So while I'm remembering what God has done, I can confidently believe God for what He will do.


Just last night I did the closing prayer. I never really know what to say up until it is time for me to pray. So in the midst of me praying, I begin to decree and declare a supernatural financial breakthrough for each of us. For money to be in our accounts by Friday. Now, I was merely speaking things into existence. I felt in my spirit that God was stirring something up. So as I came back upstairs to have some private time, I get a text from my mom saying "you are a true prophetess of God. I just checked my account and I have an unaccounted for amount of money that just popped up." You see, I CONFIDENTLY prayed a prayer filled with expectation, it got God's attention.


I immediately began to praise God. Not just because money was showing up, but because it was clear that God was listening. That He heard every word spoken and has seen every tear that has fallen. This past weekend I visited my "boo" and we went to church where a guest pastor asked everyone to sow a seed to get a breakthrough. I didn't have my check book so I just emptied out my purse. It was on my heart to sow $100, but I forgot to leave a check with him to give to the church. God told me to sow the seed and mail it off. So as I finished talking to mom, I wrote a check to mail off to the church. On the way to Fedex, I was updating my cousin on bible study and she said, "Girl, I forgot to tell you I'm putting $120 in your account on Friday." I just started shaking my head. Within 4 minutes, God had already replaced the seed I had sown. Then I woke up this morning and my godmother left a $50 check for me on the counter "just because". Man, I already in the overflow zone and it hasnt even been 24 hours yet.


I am in awe of God and all that He continues to do in my life and those all around me. I just keep seeing how He covers me with His favor, grace, and mercy, I am simply humbled. God is so incredible. I am not perfect and I don't do everything right, but I'm exactly who I need to be in God's eyes. That's the amazing thing. No matter how far you think you are away from where you need to be, you are getting closer and closer to it everyday. So each day that I live, I am always in prayer. No matter where I am, no matter what I am doing, no matter the issue. Nothing is too hard for God.


One of my favorite stories in the bible right now is where Hezekiah asked God to lengthen his years and turn back the sundial. Do you know how DOPE that is? That God would do that for one person. That He would literally change the course of time, days, the orbit of the sun! I read that every time I think my prayer request is too grand or too hard. I have to stand boldly before his throne knowing that God can and will do just what I need him to do.


So in your life, don't think that God hasn't heard your request or that His grace no longer covers you. He hears every word. Trust him. Hold on. Don't give up. If He did it then, He will do it now. It's only a matter of time.


Trusting and knowing that it WILL be done,


~Mel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is such an inspiration!!

Marcy said...

Fate definitely allowed me to find you on Twitter. Your blog is truly amazing and always speaks about situations that I am going through. May God continue to use you and bless you so you can continue to help others.

Dee O. said...

Amen! God's ways aren't our own and neither is his time...if it is intended for us it will come to pass at the correct time! Great blog you've got here, it is veryinspirational:)

feel free to check out my blog:
www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com