Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If the birds are cool, so am I .....


Matthew 6:25

For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life,
as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body,
as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not worth much more than they?
And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to to his life?


This happens to be one of my favorite scriptures. Well, one of hundreds. lol. But really. Read it again. It makes so much sense. It's like God is saying, "Snap out of it! I got this!" And truth to the matter He does.

So many times, we find ourselves wrecking our brains over financial solutions, a job, our bills, what you are going to eat, where we are going to live, and the list goes on. Going back to the Lord's word, He has commanded us to NOT worry. Go back to the scripture, "Look at the birds". I actually did that one day. They live their lives so carefree. Now, indeed we cannot not equate a bird's life to that of a human,but in perspective to surviving and living day to day by faith, we surely can.

If God can take care of a bird, can He not do that for you? Did God not grant us dominion over all animals and things in His kingdom? So if a bird is "straight" (ok), why wouldn't His good and faithful servant be?

God allows us to go through life relying upon Him and trusting him in every aspect and that is by design. He wants us to know that no matter what need we have, we have already been provided for. He says it plain, "worrying cannot add a single hour to our life", we only lose those moments. Time is such a precious commodity these days that we dare not value each one.

I look at my own life and Im amazed at the moments when I took my hands off the wheel and let God have total control. I got to my intended destination almost immediately. Man, the God we serve is something else. We get so caught up in the way we want things done and the methods we're accustomed to that we dont see how he's working it out and sometimes its already done.


At this point in my life, I have not only gotten from behind the wheel, I have moved to the very
back seat of the car of my life. I have let God have the whole front of the car.. lol. I have seen God move more miraculously on my behalf than ever before and its all because I have surrendered. I look at my accounts, my desires, my needs, and I have more than I have had in a very long time. God is too good.


In essence, don't stress. Don't worry. Don't be dismayed. He is working it out. Even as I type and as you read. Stand strong on the belief that if the birds are cool, so are you. Fly freely knowing that you can soar above anything that enemy may throw your way.


Flying above worries, pains, and disappointments,


~Mel

No comments: